Do you promote your business online? There’s nothing worse than working hard every day to provide people with your product or service and when you type your business name into Google you’re not even on the front page. Here’s some tips for promoting your business online.
- Register for Google places, registering allows it to be found more easily on Google searches and it shows up on Google maps. You need to fill out the form and register to get your business verified through their confirmation process over the phone or snail mail.
- Take on social media. It used to be that social media was for promotion, now it is a necessary time investment. You can tie in ads and offers to your Twitter and Facebook pages and network on LinkedIn.
- Start a blog. A blog helps your business to connect with customers more directly, keep it updated as regularly as possible.
- SEO your website. In the world where everything is googled it is important to ensure that your website is as up to date as it can be. There are guides online or pick up a book to prime your website for searching.
- Join a relevant online community and contribute to build a rapport with the community, whilst keeping your business out of it. Passively promote your business by putting a link in your signature or mentioning when appropriate.
- It’s not just about the desktop. Many users access the internet through tablets or mobile phones. Ensure your website is responsive so it can adapt to different browser
- Sign up for an email service to allow you to send promotional offers to customers and prospects.
- Use targeted advertising on Facebook. It is a powerful tool which can be expensive but it puts your business infront of the potential customers.
- Ask happy customers to share their experiences with you on their social channels.
- Write guest posts on relevant blogs so you can reach a wider audience.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. It takes time but it will be a fruitful experience.
Thanks for reading, if you are so inclined please share this as far and wide as possible.
If you would like to get these to your inbox, please sign up in the box on the right hand side and the magic will happen